
I have a secret fantasy of wanting to be locked in a toilet cubicle and having to figure out how to escape.
Myths our parents made is believe....
So far me and Ange have come up with....
1) Never put a plastic bag over your head - you will suffocate. We were both petrified for years.....
2) If you swallow chewing gum it will be in your stomache forever.... I remember the first time I ever swallowed some by mistake, I was quite worried.
3) If you swallow a fruit-pip it will grow in your tummy/out your ears.
4) [on State Highway One] If you and your brother don't stop fighting your father will stop the car and you will both have to WALK from here.....
Friday
I had the interesting experience of meeting 'new people'. My flatmates had drinks round at our flat and lots of their friends came along. Almost all primary school teachers - so good folk.
I liked that most of the guys were decked out for Movember and looking porn-starish. Also interesting was the guy who (allegedly) has killed 14 people for the French Foreign Legion. We had a good conversation about people who dress pets up in home-knitted jumpers (somehow stemming from the fact that I'm an English teacher...).
Saturday
I drove to the Hutt for the first time ever! I was fairly slow for the motorway, but to be fair it was drizzly and wet conditions...... and we got a little 'confused' once we entered the labyrinth of the suburbs. But we found Fish and Sam's house eventually.
Ange says my driving has 'improved lots'.
Cassie's move seemed to have gone ok. Our reinforcement muscles were not needed.
7 comments:
Apparently Kirsten's parents actually once did drop her sister by the side of the road and drove aeay before circling and picking her up....
Yeah - I've been left 'at the end of the road' before.
Glenn and I were fighting.
We were both abandoned.
Hehe - when my mum and dad threatened to make us get out and work, we really did have to!
Here's something else my parents made me believe - That watching too much tv would give you square eyes. I really did think this!
When you are pulling funny faces. they say.
"the wind will change and you will stay like that"
I never used to mind about that. Let the wind change, I would say. It would be *awesome* to look like this forever.
Happy birthday.
You have the same birthday as Doctor Who. Although he is older.
Thanks Morgue - Dr Who the character? That's cool....
And Billy the Kid!
Happy birthday.
Post a Comment