Clothes: Lost and Found
You will all be happy to know that I have rediscovered a cupboard full of my clothes (I had absent mindedly shoved them into a laundry cupboard, probably to give the place a superficial clean when looking for a flatmate when K. moved out - three months ago).
I had all kinds of conspiracy theories about what had happened to my two hoodies, red t-shirt and black jeans......
I like the fact that I never once entertained the thought that I had lost them myself. I never lose clothes. I was one of those kids that didn't lose anything at school - I looked after stuff good. My brother, on the other hand, was hopeless.
Hence, I have a vivid memory of him biking past me on the way home from college one day wearing one of my shirts and me being so livid that I may well have actually shaken a fist at him and yelled down the street. I didn't trust him not to lose my stuff. He knew it too - looked very sheepish and cycled off quickly. Cheeky bugger. I may very well have told on him to Mum.
Erm.
I'm not sure if this contradicts or confirms my stead-fast belief in my ability to never lose anything, but I also found a hat and cardie in the pocket of my laptop case that I had thought were missing (I assumed the mysterious hoodie thief had branched out into knitwear).
I am very happy. It's like I went on a shopping mission for a new wardrobe without having to spend any money! This is further emphasised by the fact that we have a washing machine for the first time in three months and I've done about five loads in a week (still one more to go - the woollens). I just ironed about 25 items. My wardrobe is brimming with opportunities....
* * *
Nicky
I am talking to Nicky on MSN. She did 'something' for the first time last week.
Makes you wonder.
She's going to catch up with Steve Roger again soon. Good old Steve.
1 comment:
Hmmm... HOW exactly did you find those clothes Kate?
Post a Comment