And I'm off my high horse.
Kids are cute when they just want to silent read. We went to the library today, just to issue the book we're studying as a class. And I told them they weren't to get any more books - just get out the class text and come back to class ('cause we didn't actually have the library booked and I wanted to just pop down quickly to electronically issue them).
And I caught one kid who'd snuck down the fiction end while the rest of the class were queueing at the desk. She'd gotten two more books! BOOKS! For personal reading! She looked so guilty when her friend pointed her rebellion out to me. They were probably about vampires or something.
Getting out extra books is about the weirdest thing I've had to tell a kid off for this week.
Next thing you know, she'll be trying to read it under the desk while she's sposed to be listening to me lecturing! Kids these days.
Maybe I was just using reverse psychology all along. Maybe next lesson I should tell them they are under no cirucumstances allowed to proof read their work. No corrections! No spell-checking!
1 comment:
i don't understand you secondary teachers...we primary ones spend all our time convincing them to read anything they can and then you try to tell them not to...how does that work?...and you say your job is harder...meh
Post a Comment