Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Today's Song



Today I am playing this song, one of the ones I found a couple of days ago. Notice I did a fancy 'special effect' so it looks like I'm in the olden days. I had to hum to keep the time properly. That's what the pros do! I also had my screen tilted down to focus the camera-thing on Larry, which meant I couldn't really see the lyrics and chords on screen that good.

The hardest things in this song are
a) The Dadd9 chord - you will note I just ignore this and do D instead :) Dadd9 is on the 6th fret and it just slows me down way too much with my beginner skills.
b) The 'dead or alive' bit at the end - there are three really quick chord changes here on DEAD or A LIVE (C/F/D). I messed up the last chord the first time but got it better the second (right at the end).

This is the only take I could be bothered doing because it is very long. YouTube thought I was playing a banjo! Silly YouTube. I would love to play a banjo, though. That would be ace.

THE END

No comments: