You may not want to read on. This is just me feeling sorry for myself and being gross.
1. Got home from a family-do yesterday, and hours after finishing my gorging on finger foods my tummy felt a bit 'funny'. Much like it does when I've had too much to drink. I ran through all the things I'd eaten that could've given me an upset tummy (mince nachos, chicken wings, saveloys....).
2. Induced vomitting to try to ease the quese. Three times. But it didn't go away. That was around 11pm.
3. Actual spontaneous vomitting started about midnight. Three times I ran to the bathroom. After that I just got a basin and stayed in bed. Seemed easier. And by then I was just bringing up the few mouthfuls of water I'd sipped since previous episode.
4. Vomitting continued pretty much on the half hour to an hour until 6am or so.
5. I stayed in bed sipping water until 2pm, when I thought I'd better get up and go to school to set some relief. Emailed my dad and he found out that a kid at the party might have been a tummy-bug carrier.
6. I got up, felt ok til I got to the bathroom, then had sudden cold sweats and woke up sitting on the toilet with my head resting against the wall, wondering vaguely where I was.
7. Sucked it up and went to the kitchen to get my day's supplies of water, smoothie in a bottle, yoghurt and brown bread.
8. Went back to bed nibbling on bread.
9. Have stayed in bed for four more hours. No more vomitting. But my limbs feel a bit like they're made of lead. And while I'd really like a lemonade iceblock still, I don't want to move.
10. Tummy bugs suck! This is the first one I've had as a grownup. It's no fun having to clean up your own sickness.
11. I will stay home tomorrow and keep my contagiousness to myself.
1 comment:
Just make wure you stay hydrated, even if you can't keep anything down. I've been told by an A+E doctor that even swirling liquid around your mouth can help as some will be absorbed. When I got a bug like this in Feb last year I didn't stay hydrated enough, and wound up in a somewhat reduced state of conciousness on the floor, and needed to be replenished with an IV.
Post a Comment