I really don't like phones. I think it's a primary motivator to my career choice - not much use of telephones as a teacher. I cringe pretty much any time someone walks up to me with a phone and says it's for me. It can never be a good thing. Especially at work. It'll be someone trying to direct-market their printing services to me or it'll be some parent with an issue, to which the answer may well be 'Your kid just needs to harden up' (which is a response we're not allowed to use, by law....).
And that extends to my personal life. Phones are yuck. They are good when I'm trying to organise things with friends (even though I have been accused of being crap even at that interaction). They are good when I have a crush on a guy and he texts me something that actually means 'I was thinking of you' in code.
In most other contexts I do not like them.
They intrude upon the Bubble of Kate. They demand a response, even if I really don't want to give one. They haunt me if I don't respond and know I should.
3 comments:
Do texts also intrude on kate's bubble? *lol*
Yes. Sometimes. Never from you, though :)
I'm with you on the phone thing had a problem with em since I was a kid. It all started one sunny day........
Post a Comment