Back at school. It's ok.
I wore jeans on Friday. Got a couple of comments about how it looked casual. Other people wear jeans all the time. Truth is, only reason I don't usually wear jeans is because I'm too fat for most of mine. Just got a new pair that's fairly generously proportioned. Hence I wore them.
* * *
Had my Logan Brown dinner. Nice! Free Logan Brown is the best. I had fish croquettes, roast pork and a chocolate pot. They all had fancier names than that, of course. I'm a fan of the $40 bistro menu, and I didn't even feel hungry afterwards.
* * *
Went to a Film Fest movie with Rich and Sam today. It was decent. It was probably a little more Hollywood-y in its formula than your usual Film Fest fare, but it was good. Had some interesting religious tussles in it. The slave guy was hot.
Going to another one tonight - the review said it is the 'Citizen Cane of bad movies'. Awesome!
* * *
I love chewing gum. Makes me feel like I'm on speed or something.
* * *
Having Japanese for dinner again tonight. Bring it on! In about the last month I've had Japanese take-aways from my local, gone to two different restaurants and rocked it at the sushi-train with Cass (who was a sushi-train virgin). Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.
* * *
I'm really slow at the moment. I was totally rubbish at netball and basketball this week. Slower than usual even. And no reserves of energy. I think I'm old. And out of shape. And stuff.
* * *
Erm. What else...... Nothing really. My Levin friends had a baby called Thomas. None of you would know them, though. Lynne got out of hospital last weekend after about four or five days in there. Sounded ok. I'll have to go down and visit them all soonish.
* * *
Looking forward to a weekend away next week - Justin's 30th. He's sent us a menu and drinks list - awesome! I think we're all just gonna be drunk, playing poker.
* * *
Though I still refuse to read the books, as an actually literate person, I do admit to liking the Twilight movies. Not for their cinematic qualities, but for the angst and sexual tension between the young hotties. I'm embracing the cougar within. I may have mentioned this. I will now openly defend the hotness of Jacob and deride anyone who is loyal to Edward.
* * *
I was explaining the whole Naspter/Metallica thing and was happy that kids in my class actually knew who Metallica were (whereas I had to explain that Napster was kinda like Limewire, 'cause they hadn't heard of that website before).
* * *
I'm texting like there's no tomorrow at the moment. Gotta use up my 300 free Two-Degrees texts before the month is up! Feel free to send me non-transactional texts - I may actually reply! Makes me feel like Santa Claus, generously replying willy-nilly to texts I'd usually file in the no-response-necessary basket.
* * *
Roger that.
Over and out, Big Mama.
1 comment:
Don't feel like you have to get slower with age, it just isn't true. I ran my best mountain running time this year at 35.
Post a Comment