Saturday, June 20, 2009

1. I have non-swine cold. Gives me froggy voice (or no voice). Meant I could come home early from work and finally try the lunch-time curry special at my local (it wasn't very good, evidently). And lie on the couch with a wheatie bag watching DVDs.

2. My laptop is broken. Silly thing.

* * *

I liked mulled wine this time of year. Makes more sense than trying to force yourself to have it in December.

* * *

Every secondary teacher in our fair city recently had a day off. Essentially it was a day off to learn how to write new unit plans. Not sure if that was the best use of taxpayer money or anything. I enjoyed my choccie biscuits, though.

* * *

I like how when you read a book with a strong narrative voice, your internal dialogue starts reflecting that. Though.... the book I am reading at the moment (having no reliable laptop, I have had to resort to 'reading') has quite an odd narrator. I'm not sure I should allow him to come too far into my head. He's a little alcoholic and nasty.

* * *

I did not see it, but I was on the news on Saturday. In the background of a story about some kids at school tutoring adults in computing. I, for the record, was merely pretending to be tutored, as they were a little short of extras. No child knows more than I do - NO CHILD!

My dad said I looked 'unengaged' and Sam, more kindly, said I looked 'thoughtful'. I'm mainly glad I got on because my mission was to get my tutor-kid on tv.

* * *

I like egg sandwiches.

3 comments:

stretch said...

If it makes you feel better, we assumed you were an extra, cos we didn't reckon you needed computer tuturing.

(mangled-English sentence used for your especial benefit)

Jon said...

Hmmm. Looks like a particular post about Ultimate has disappeared...

Not Kate said...

I titled it appropriatel (if you remember). I like to moan, then take things down. I find it therapeutic.