Monday, June 22, 2009

Swine Flu Status: Dry cough but no other symptoms yet. One unconfirmed case at school. Others sure to follow.

* * *

I inherited an ink pen today. It may have been mine always - its true identity has been mistaken and confused over time.

But now it is back. Or it has at least found me.

It is black and inky and rolls across the page like rollerskates.

I heart it.

I had forgotten how nice it is to have a good pen.




I will probably lose it tomorrow.

* * *

I was gleeful today when I realised it was an hour long episode of Shortland Street. And I liked how they introduced the new doctor fellow. Me and Reidun have decided that is one of the best things about mid-winter (hour long Monday shows).

* * *

I am reading 'The Half Brother' at the moment. While I can see it's well written, I am not quite enjoying it yet. I think I much prefer books with narrators who I like. This narrator is a bit yuck. And the flashback section I'm currently wading through is full of long, dense paragraphs.

I bought it on the strength of having loved 'Herman', one of Lars Saabye Christensen's other books. But they're not very much alike. Both quite poetic, I suppose. But this one is very dark, whereas 'Herman' was sweet and innocent.

* * *

My wisdom-tooth side of my face is still swollen. Stupid tooth. If I could chisel it out by myself for free, I would. I smear Bonjela on it, just like babies with teething problems do. Magic!

No comments: