Sunday, October 12, 2008

1. Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Ever since seeing Mallrats I have been intrigued by these. Finally tried some today. They were pretty good! They weren't melty though, thank goodness.

* * *

2. Jonny Jonny Jonny

Went to Jon's thing last night. Saw his Embezzler video, which was really well done. Makes me want to make one...... Maybe I could be Miss Edukator...... ruining the minds of youth across the world.....

Jon's pad is very Jon. Bachelor pad with leather couch and huge TV. That's all you need! Boys aren't big on ornaments and whatnot, are they.

We may have recruited enough people for an Ultimate team. What to call it???? I need suggestions or else it will just be 'Kate's Team'. Not that I have a problem with that.....

Jon tried to do a head-lock move on me but I countered well and tossed him over my shoulder. YOU HAVE BEEN MISSJUDGED!

* * *

3. It's Getting Hot in Here (much like Jon's bedroom)

Today was sunny again. Feels very summery. I have worn jandals two days in a row! And I have used the fan in my car rather than the heater. All signs of an approaching warm season. I almost slept with the window open last night, too. I almost wore a summery dress today but then redressed and reproached myself for such silly thoughts (though, turns out it would have been fine!).

Me and Reidun went on a wee picnic yesterday, somewhere between Breaker Bay and the nudist beach. It was nice. We had bread and salads from the deli and take-away lattes from a cafe and just sat and chatted for ages while watching the ferries pass by. Her latest motto is, 'There are 6 billion people other in the world - you don't have to limit yourself to hanging out with the same ones if they don't suit you anymore' (said in response to some of my angsting). Very true.

I have enjoyed wearing my new green cardigan. It has owl buttons. And it is not black! It has owl buttons. Owls are the new cool thing (before it was just birds - now it's specificially owls). I have an owl necklace and owls on my bag too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember the headlock (or attempted headlock). Or being thrown over your shoulder. Was I that drunk?

Not Kate said...

Evidently. Luckily I am tough and savy.

Andrew said...

Oi, it's not only boys who live like that. What you described coulda been my old flatmate's place when I moved in - apart from the shelf of historical romance novels. Well, she was an accountant, like Jon, so if you ask me, it's all about accountants ;)

(ps: good catch)