1. C is for Cookies
Reidun made cookies with chocolate chips, sultanas and dried cranberries. Yum! I had mine with a glass of milk (like they do in American TV programmes).
* * *
2. Here, There and Everywhere
Last night we played indoor against a big tall guy (Jon and Morgue will remember him). He's one of those guys that always pops up around Wellington. I'm pretty sure he does a lot of direct marketing on the street (for Barnados and other charities maybe). Me and Cassie were sitting outside at Starbucks waiting for Ant one day, sipping on Frappachinos, and we watched him doing his thing for a good half hour. He compared well to the other street marketers. We dug his style (we were doing a kind of sports commentary on how they were doing from our possie across the road).
And last night he rolled his ankle quite dramatically, but then just hopped off the court - no fuss. And he sat quite calmly on the seats and said to the girl with him that he might need to go to A and E, and showed me the huge lump that had already popped out of his ankle, within minutes. Then a guy from his team was saying, 'Oh - sorry about that!' and he was all, 'Nah mate, no worries. Not your fault.' And then he hopped off down the stairs to go to the hospital. Very good spirited about the whole thing.
I dig his style. One of my pet peeves is when people get injured and lie on the court for quarter of an hour, need to get carted off by a few other people, snapping at everyone around them ... and then by the end of the game they're limping away on their own....... I like tough people. I like to think I'd be one of them (have never had a major injury, but have continued playing on every sprained ankle I've ever had - trying to hide it from my coach so he didn't sub me off).
* * *
3. Bottle it Up
I'm digging the first track on Liam Finn's album right now. It's my car-album of the month. And I don't really like the end of the CD so much, so once I reach a certain track I fast-forward to the first track again.... It's one of my small daily pleasures hearing the bass-line kick in.
* * *
4. Holy Guacamole
My favourite jeans are getting a hole in the knee. The end is nigh. I am watching it grow, sadly. At the moment (I like to think) they're dressy enough to wear to work.... but once the whole kicks in, they're gonna look like I'm going to a Bon Jovi concert.
* * *
5. What's that burning sensation?
I have a scab on my ear. It's not terribly sore. I just noticed one night my ear was kinda itchy and felt a little swollen. And I discovered the scab. It's a slight mystery... but I think maybe I burnt it on my hair-straighteners. Oops. Self-induced pain for vanity - something I swore I'd never buy into when I was an idealistic teenager who refused to pierce her ears on principle.
I used to have principles. Now I have artificially straight hair and pretty earrings.
* * *
6. Save me from the Knowledge City, with its flying monkeys
There is a slight window of opportunity and hope. I was talking to the sports co-ordinator today, and a few girls might not be able to pay their tournament fees..... so they might pull the team out of the basketball Nationals .....
That would mean I didn't have to spend the first week of my holidays in Palmerston North with students.....
Touch wood! If there's one thing you can almost rely on from basketball girls, it's that they'll be disorganised slackers. Don't let me down this time, girls!
* * *
7. Thank me later
I seened Sam at indoor netball tonight. He shot a two and missed it, then Dave got the rebound and passed it back out, so he shot again and got it in.
He didn't seen me. I was being sleuth. But I made him get the 2-pointer in. He may have felt that telekinetic power of mine as he took the shot..... or he may have been deluded, and taken the credit all for himself.
1 comment:
And here was I thinking I was just on. Shot about 60% fom outside tonight, not great, not terrible.
Post a Comment