Saturday, May 24, 2008

I am New Zealand.

I walked into the Costume Cave on Friday afternoon at 4pm. I had decided to not be a stick-in-the-mud (aka Sam-type) and that instead I would go tot the costume dance at school in the true spirit of the theme, Around the World.

I walked in and explained my situation, and the always enthusiastic lady there was doubly-excited because there was this gem of a kiwi-flag dress that there had been no takers for. She accessorised me with red gloves and a stole and I went as a kinda Lorraine Downs Miss NZ figure.

I got the coveted award for 'Best Dressed Teacher'. I now proudly own one Gold ticket to Readings as my prize.

I needeed help getting OUT of the dress, which could have proven tricky..... because the person who laced me into the corset had done a double knot. Hard to undo on your own....

1 comment:

R said...

Ogmygosh, that is an incredible outfit. Bravo!

You should wear that out and about town one day, just to see the kind of reaction you would get! R