Sunday, May 04, 2008

School Night

Tonight is a school night - gotta get up early tomorrow. As per usual, I have put off all school work that could have been industriously done during the holidays until today. I shall take on Reidun's attitude of just accepting my procrastination patterns for now, rather than trying to resist them. They are semi-functional!

* * *

Tomorrow lots of people will likely comment on my new hair-cut. It is rather shorter. I am hoping for comparisons with Katie Holmes (because we have the same name anyhow - and I will even settle for a 'poor-man's-Katie-Holmes' comparison), though I only really got the hair-cut because I had a bob in Standard 3 and 4 and quite liked it, looking back at the photographs. There are few haircuts that suit my thick hair! And straighteners help it suit even better :)

I went to the hairdresser and said, "I'm thinking of some kind of bob...." and at that point he took over and said, "I think that would look a-mazing on you!" and starting gesturing his hands about indicating how long it would be and said to just leave it to him.....

At this point I got nervous.... especially when he cut the first bit of hair at the back and it was up to the bottom of my hairline (which he tidied up with clippers at the end). Eek! It was like a scene from Edward Scissorhands where hair was just flying around and the hairdresser seemed to get some euphoric pleasure from it. My face may have been frozen in fear.

Might I add that I do not look at all attractive when in the middle of a haircut, wet hair sticking to face and starting to form cow-licks and bright lights highlighting the bags under my eyes. Luckily my hairdresser is not one for small-talk (which is why I keep going back) and just let me watch in horror rather than trying to engage me in inane chatter to mask my shock and distract me from his destruction of my hair.....

Anyhow, by the time he finished I was.... still not sure about it. Hairdressers insist on showing the finished product without letting you put your hair behind your ears, so it frames your face in this rather dramatic and un-natural way..... Oh, and he gave me a fringe. Ever since high-school where I had The Fringe (which I realised the faults of in later years) I have mostly avoided such things. But before I could open my mouth to protest he had gone from shaping the sides of the front to snipping me a fringe in one fell swoop without any warning.

Once I got home and inspected it properly.... and experimented with putting it behind my ears.... I liked it better. A good change, anyhow.

I shall now be trying to appeal to that minority of the male population that likes freakishly tall girls with short hair......

* * *

Thanks to Ant for cooking us (me, Cass and Ange) dinner last night. We played Buzz and Singstar while he toiled away in the kitchen. He pointed out that we are perhaps better at Singstar (or at least more tolerable) when drunk. Or perhaps that was when the audience was drunk. Anyhow, we were quite terrible and I do believe there is video footage out there to prove it which may be used against us at a later date. At any rate, I proved time and again that rap is not my genre. I still don't even get how Singstar scores a song with rap in it - I felt like I was doing a good job with Summertime, then it kept telling me I was 'awful' and 'bad'. Harsh judge!

Honey, the new puppy, kept jumping up on me and Ange. She got cuter when she tired out and just sat on the floor at my feet shaking my hand (it's one of her two tricks). I got her to shake my hand five times in a row before she tired of it.

* * *

I have learnt two new songs on the guitar, for the first time in ages. I forget how fun it is! I learnt 'New Soul' (the song from the Apple ads) and 'Hey There Delilah'. Both very easy.

No comments: