Sunday, November 04, 2007

And it's Sunday night already.

Hairtie


I found one lone hair-tie in my room. I am looking after it very carefully.


Knitting


Yeah...... and what? Knitting for me is very relaxing and I like to do it when I sit down sometimes. I don't care if that's on a bus, at a movie or at a party....... And once I start, I get in that zone and want to finish all in one go (which you never can - but it's a goal). I am very good at focussing like that. Makes me good at shifting house - I keep unpacking til I can unpack no more.


I have outed Ange as a knitter. The words 'I am going to kill you!' were texted in response.


Noggin


I am still in training for Noggin. I can't seem to get past the 45th best in the world status. I think I'd have to put in some serious time to get better than that. I'd have to play for 2 or 3 hours a day. That's commitment. I wish the scoring system wasn't just cumulative and they worked it out on some kind of average placing or score. I'm very consistent.


Movies


I have watched a lot of movies in the last week. What else are you gonna do when you have a pile of marking and schol work to do.....?


I watched Punch Drunk Love (very quirky, but I liked it), The Good German (good ending and enough film noir elements that I told my girls to watch it as light home-work if they felt the need to 'study'), 23 (Jim Carey just shouldn't try to do serious movies, seriously, and I do not want to see him having sex - that's just icky) and The Science of Sleep (very endearing, if in a slightly creepy way).


Reading books is for losers. I'm a Media Studies teacher......


Mr Hughes


Me and Ange have been amused to see the rise of Mr H in the Labour group as a result of the latest reshuffle. We went to high school with him and he is now the youngest minister. I find it funny that he's the Minister of Statistics when he failed fifth form maths (quite spectacularly, I believe). I think he took solice at the time in the fact that Jim Bulger fared similarly in School Cert Maths. I still take pride in the fact that I orchestrated his only political defeat to date in the fifth form school council rep electives. If need be, I shall start the smear campaign in future years if he does indeed become leader of the Labour Party (as is being tipped for the future). I am the only one who can stop the monster.......


Having said that, I think that his political beliefs are pretty decent and in line with my own. But my memory is long... and I still remember how he turned the 'James the Cat' theme-song into 'Kate the Fat' in third form science.


Dave is the Trampoline King


If you have never met anyone who is a trampolinist and has trained and competed in city champs... then you should meet Ange's flatmate, Dave. He used to be a trampolinist. That's cool. I may have never met anyone with as cool a high-school hobby as that.


And now he's a bouncer. That's just fantastic.


Does anyone know of any places in the Wellington region that have trampolines? We are trying to get him to do an exhibition for us. We know there are trampolines up in Levin, at the must-see Adventure Playground. A day trip may be in order.

No comments: