Famous Peoples
It was a night of star-spotting in Wellington. First of all Ange and Cass spotted Giovani Ribissi (or 'the guy who plays Phoebe's brother in Friends') whilst they went to a money-machine. Lauren was not looking, but managed to catch a view of his back once alerted.
Apparently he is little. And weedy. And has a jaunty step. He was wearing a hoody and rather fitting trackies and was with a big buff guy (perhaps his 'minder').
Then, we went to Surf Aid at the Town Hall. There we saw Jason Fafoi - the guy from What Now. Turns out he was in one of the bands too.
Ed also spotted a guy from the news - Maori guy with a name that's fun to say (though I can't remember it).
Then Brett from Flight of the Conchords was playing with the Ukulele Orchestra. Sweet! He is my hero now. Cool looking guy.
Terms of Endearment
I was talking about this with Reidun today. She sometimes gets 'Reids' or 'Rei-Rei'.... All my name can go to is 'Katie'. I quite like Katie though, from most people. I noticed the other night at netball that Jon has taken to calling me Katie any time he wants me to pass him the ball.
I figured out that about the only term of endearment I use (other than shortened or lengthened forms of an actual name) is 'you'. Reidun thought that sounded ridiculous. But I gave the example of, 'Hey you' in the right tone and she came to understand.
I wonder why calling someone 'you' can come across as affectionate.
Birds
I got another bird top today. It is a fetish. Officially. I have a fetish for bird clothing and accessories. This one has a tucan on it.
Bed
That'll do. Bed time. I get the bed allllll to myself. That is good in that I have been accused of being a 'bed hogger' at times. It's funny that when I'm in a bed by myself, I am quite happy to sleep right on the edge. I prefer it, if anything. I am very compact. But if someone else is there, it becomes a challenge to drive them to the edge :) and I suddenly get the urge to stretch out in ways I usually don't. I think Matt cottoned on to this fairly quickly and used to pretty much pin me to the edge straight away, spooning me from behind and not moving all night. Clever.
1 comment:
Tuipoloa Evan-Charleton?
I think he's engaged or married to someone related to Jason Fafoi. Not that he wasn't there purely for music's sake anyway, but yeah.
Post a Comment