Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I had a Findsomeone date last night. It's only my second one in the last few months - I'd doing them rather intermittently.


It was good.


I'd say it comes in at #5 on the all-time list.


The thing I liked best about it was that we talked about 3-legged cats for quite a long time. And it was one of the topics he had written down on the list of things to talk about (he made this at my suggestion). Good topic choice!


History says that if we actually go through with the second date that is a good sign. Second dates tend to quickly turn into more dates.


We shall see.


* * *


The children are off to mock-exams. No seniors for a week (yay). Then lots of marking (boo). I kinda cheated and explained to my Year 13s what 'hybridity' meant - so as to stop them from freaking out when they read that word in the exam. I ordered in these papers made by some professional person, and s/he uses wanky words the kids won't understand. So I figured it would be a waste of money NOT to use the papers, but that expecting 17 year olds to not be freaked out by a topic containing 'hybridity' was a little optimistic.


* * *


We now have in NINE magazine articles for the school year-book. That's encouraging. We usually get them all in a rush in the last week. I am feeling super organised and on top of things on that front. Delegating works wonders!

1 comment:

strong light said...

You might appreciate this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdnZ_3FnDA

:-)