Saturday, September 02, 2006

It's a Twist-Off!

1.
80s Quiz

As should have been predicted, Team Judge took out the 80s quiz held at my school. Highlights were....
- the mood-music provided by a girl on a synthesizer (imagine alien noises)
- Cassie taking part in the aerobics dancing challenge (grapevine again, damnit!)
- the afore-mentioend music timing PERFECTING with a moment where my step-mum suddenly looked up with that light-bulb expression on her face; it was like something from a comic (if comic's had music)

It controversially ended in a tie (I claim the tie was fabricated just to force a Twist-off). So, me and Sam had to play Twister against two likely volunteers from Maggie's Martyrs. In short, I was glad to be wearing opaque footless leggings unders my skirt, there may be some good ass-shots of me coming, I fought through some serious cramp to last long enough to take out the other team in a mass collapse, leaving Sam the sole-survivor in his safe possie in the corner.

2.
SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!!!

If nothing else, this film has spawned some really fun in-jokes. I like to yell out '______ in/on a _______!!!' [insert appropriate living-beings and places] at any opportunity. Sometimes I'll even put the 'mf' word in there too.

3.
Father's Day

I got my dad lots of goodies....
- one of those fake spiders from the Met Shop that has a long air-tube coming it, and when you squeeze the bit on the end it jumps up
- a wee skull from Iko Iko that has slime and body parts inside it which you can make protude from it's eye-holes
- a horrific mask from the $2 Shop
- a sort of Best of Johnny Cash CD (which I have duly ripped onto my laptop and burned for my brother as well - a gift that keeps on giving!)

The CD was an impulse purchase. I figured I couldn't buy myself the second season of Scrubs and only give him gag gifts.... Damnit.

2 comments:

Off-Black said...

I am a twisting god.

Not Kate said...

I think that is a challenge for a TWIST-OFF between the posse.

I gave my neice and nephew a game of it for christmas (Hannah and Finn who were at the quiz), so I have access.

Name the time and place, chump.