Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yikes.

Just when I thought my flatting situation couldn't get any worse...... it has. I will attempt to have discretion and tact and not mention names and specific details.

That will do. I just needed a tiny little unspecific vent. Suffice to say that if you have previously met Flatmate X and thought he was a straight up decent kinda guy.... you were probably wrong. He is in his room playing loud angry music. I am hiding and hoping that if he thinks I'm asleep he'll leave me alone.

7 comments:

Off-Black said...

Smeg.
Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Are we allowed to worry about what this means?

(not that i really am. you are strong.)

kia kaha, peace

Charlie Brown said...

Smegging Smeg indeed!!!

Andrew said...

Well, as long as he's just an arsehole and not a psycho...

Uh, looking at that last sentence again about hiding and hoping he thinks you're asleep, is he an arsehole or a psycho?

Off-Black said...

Having met this person I think perhaps a little of both....

2treesandahorse said...

Right do we need to come to the rescue cause I vote sam. he's really calm. anyone else?

Not Kate said...

Nah, just an asshole. Though he does have drug-world connections and knows martial arts and has worked as a bouncer..... so there's an element of psycho there.

It was a tense conversation where he fairly stood over me and raised voices were used.... the phrases 'Is that a THREAT?' and 'No - it's not a threat, it's a PROMISE' were used (by me and him, respectively).

I think he realised that I wasn't going to cave to his bullying, so he tried to smooth things over a bit later on.

It's just yuck-yuck-yuck.

In my book, from the start, if you're moving into a flat and going to be regularly smoking drugs on the premesis, you should warn your soon-to-be flatmates and not lie about it repeatedly when questioned about it. [Ange would agree.]

I may make that a line of questioning if people ever start showing interest in all the flatmate wanted ads I've posted....

Also, if you give five days notice that you're moving out, knowing that another flatmate is already moving out on that date it's pretty bloody rich to demand the remaining flatmates pay ALL of the bond you're not getting back on your power account (due to only having had it for a few months).

Tough Shit, I say.