Another weekend has kinda slipped by. No homework done, lots of TV watched, lots of food eaten, flatmate announcing he's moving out. I'm looking forward to feasibly getting my licence in two weeks time (touch wood) and getting a car in the near future. That will be choice and people can start claiming back on all the rides they've given me over the year. Consider me Taxi Kate once I have my own car.
1.
Crumpin' Ain't Easy
At Matt's I watched a documentary on these kinda dance gangs in the ghetto parts of LA. There seem to be two factions - the Crumpers and the Clowners. It was bizarre. The Clowners are these little clown groups who went and did kids' parties and danced and wore funky face paint.... and they were all about the hip-hoppish dancing. One of their mums said, 'In this neighbourhood you're either in the Cryps or the Bloods.... or you do Clowning'. I thought it was a mockumentary after the first few minutes, but apparently not. It's call 'Rize Up'.
2.
The Crocodile Hunter
Like Sam, I feel the need to publicly note his passing. I've seen a few episodes on Sky this weekend (I think they have a huge tribute for him going). I liked the guy, always did. He has that same kinda charm that John Campbell does, where the first time you see them you think they're taking the piss..... but that's really the way they are! He had this kinda genuine child-like enthusiasm that he communicated really well.
3.
Sam's Birthday
I'm really looking forward to this, 'cause Sam has cool friends. Should be a lovely group of people. I reckon we should go with one of my other suggestions for the theme of it, where everyone brings their best paper plane and we have some kind of throw-off competition.... in honour of Sam being a Plane Geek.
Must go now.... Kiwi Idol is on.....
2 comments:
planes it is. cool idea. we can throw them off the balcony into the traffic. um maybe not.
I'm gonna go for a real old school design, but make the wings really pretty and colourful (I'm such a girl....). I might call it 'Air Sam'.
Post a Comment