Sunday, July 08, 2012

I strained a calf muscle at basketball.  I asked my doctor if this was a sign that I shouldn't play sport any more, at my age.  He said not necessarily - such things can be random.

Two days later I strained a back muscle.

Hmm.

* * * 

I have been watching King of Thrones.  It's good.  A bit of a change of pace from Gossip Girl, anyway.

* * * 

I lost my keys.  Then I found them.  Phew.  At the restaurant.

I was afraid my long claim to have never lost anything important was at an end.

* * * 

It's exciting that there is a new Nood store in town.  Right next to Michelle's house.

* * * 

I read a Wally Lamb book.  It was underwhelming.  And had lots of printing errors.   I was hoping that they'd cleverly fit into some theme that I hadn't picked up on.... but I'm pretty sure they didn't.

I'm wondering if the books of his I read that I loved, years ago, would still be good now (if I read them as a proper grown-up).  

* * * 

I dropped my dad at the air-port today.  They were running terribly late.  They were supposed to check-in at 9am, and they only woke up in Levin at 7.34am.  When I left them Lynne was saying, 'I can't breathe..... my shoe's not on.... can't breathe....' and she limped off with her shoe half on.  Dramatic entrance, dramatic exit! 

Then I got to drive their fancy car home.  It is a huge 4WD - the kind you accidentally run over small children in.  It has a sun roof.

* * * 

Evidently I can't watch King of Thrones and blog at the same time.  I have had to rewind the same bit four times now.  Still can't figure out why the Snow boy is attacking people.... 

Oh, something about calling his father a traitor.  

Here comes a wolf.  I like the wolves.

* * * 

Now that my phone consistently turns off while I'm in the middle of using it, I'm thinking of getting a new one.  Maybe a 'smart' one.  I'm unconvinced of the need for an 'i' phone.  Though everyone I know raves about them and hasn't regretted getting them.

* * * 

The Dark Knight is rising.  That's something to look forward to after all the crap that's been on.

2 comments:

Off-Black said...

"King" of Thrones? Maybe you can't blog and watch at the same time :)

Also never ever ask a health professional if you should stop playing, on the don't ask questions you might not like the answer to principle. I thought my injury last summer was a career ender for a few days. Not how I want to end my playing days :)

billy said...

My Dad is still playing basketball in his 60s.

When he was about 55 he decided to start playing in the "golden oldies" grade, that starts at age 35. ;)

Never say die.