Today
1. I marked six essays and recorded the grades on google docs. I am a google docs convert - they're useful.
2. I visited the Asian supermarket and went a bit crazy on miso soup packets and husked sunflower seeds. Miso is going to be my work-snack of the season.
3. I told two kids off about shoes. High top sneakers, even if they ARE black and they ARE leather.... do not count as school shoes. And she knows it! (Yes - I am THAT teacher! With my form class, anyhow.)
4. I threw a paper dart in a competition and came the closest to winning.
5. I watched Mean Girls at least twice. But only the first 53 minutes or so. On none of those occasions did I realise that the annoying girl from Party of Five was in it (the theme song for which, incidentally, was one of the questions at the movie quiz).
6. I wished Shortland St wasn't two hours (I don't care about the evil plot to oust Callum or Murray's affair - bleh to both plots!).
7. I came THIS CLOSE to buying $1 Wendy's ice creams off an Internet site.
8. I sat patiently with my Asperger's girl and discouraged her from writing an essay mainly about alliteration and rhyme.
9. I wore my cowboy/peasant shirt.
10. I ate weevil-muesli.
11. I talked about the Osama thing with people at lunch time. Good philosophical arguments were had. Was it ok to kill an unarmed man rather than take him into custody? Did it make it a special case in that it was fairly certain future loss of life could be avoided by taking him out immediately? Was it that act or the celebratory coverage of his death that was more concerning? Etc.
12. I came 6th equal out of 13 teams at movie quiz. Only 5 points off a placing - not bad for a small team of all-girls. Did I mention my dart? And the fact that I knew Eric Clapton's nickname?
And that was pretty much my day.
The end.
And I played some Battle Tetris to make my brain quiet.
No comments:
Post a Comment