Sunday, May 22, 2011

1. Tetris Discussions Were Held

Damon explained some of the algo-thingies behind the Battle Tetris programme. It was interesting. It may help my game.

2. Walks were Had

Me and Mishell had our fifth Sunday walk in a row. We are determined! This time we went from Seatoun 'round to Scorchorama and beyond, along the precarious verges of the road. We estimate 4.5km each way for a total of one and half hours. It's always a bit further than we anticipate. We blame our agility and speed of walking.

In theory it would be pretty cool to walk around every single coast-line in the Wellington City region (the ones with footpaths, anyhow). We have done both sides of Island Bay now (from Red Rocks to Lyall Bay), from Freyberg Pool around to almost Greta Point and now Seatoun.

Coming up may be a walk from Miramar to the new Chocolate Fish, so we can finish up the Maupuia coast.

It is a good mission! And today was a lovely walking day. While it threatened to rain city-way with big looming clouds, Seatoun was glorious and sunny with blue skies. A good strategic choice! We think we identified Peter Jackson's house.

3. Hush

I got some black Hush Puppies court shoes. I like saying I have 'court shoes'. It sounds American. I figure with my newly tight Archilles tendons I should buy sensible brands of work-wear shoes, but I will not go down to Kumfs. Not yet.

4. American Idol

Bleh. All the good people are gone.

5. Labour

I like the new slogans. 'Don't blame me - I voted Labour'. I feel like I've been saying it for almost six years now.

No comments: