Friday, October 08, 2010

I have finally taken my camera in to get fixed (yes - that's why there have not been oodles of facebook photo tags of you and me in the last few months). I will hopefully be back and snapping away soon.
* * *
I always feel guilty going into shops and trying stuff on, but then not buying anything.

Hence, I must always buy something! Every shop I go into!

Something like that.

Today I bought heaps. It was my holiday blow-out.
  • summer work shoes (my other slip-ons are actually starting to disintegrate from so much wear)
  • sneakers (my other ones have so little grip that my feet totally slipped from under me at netball, like a cartoon character, I assed over)
  • salon shampoo
Thus ends the list of things I actually needed to buy for practical reasons.
The shoes were $20 off because I have giant feet (apparently they discount size 11s so they can get rid of them since not many people have sasquach feet). And they threw in a pair of free ortho sandals (which are ugly as sin and I will never wear them - anyone need/want them?).
  • a red sweater (I love red tops - they go awesome with jeans)
  • a black dress (Ashley Fogel - down from $320 to $130 - my favourite purchase of the day - love the sale rack at Miss Wong and the fact that only trendy, skinny people shop there so big sizes often get left over)
  • jeans (down from $175 to $70 - bargain - the shop lady said, 'We get these in for ladies with wider hips' - go Sable and Minx! - another score at Miss Wong)
  • two necklaces (Goodness has super expensive clothes, but reasonable jewelry - a tip for keen shoppers - one has a picture of a deer on it, the other has a bow)
Thus ends the list of things I didn't 'need'. But, so be fair, all the clothes were on sale racks.

Though jeans are never a bad purchase. These ones are exactly like some other generously-hipped ones I have from the same brand, but a darker denim (and evidently pocket-less).


* * *

I am now hanging out for a reasonable time to buy my take-aways. Japanese night!

Japanese is practically not take-aways because it is so wholesome.

That's what I tell myself.

No comments: