Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Rage

I like to think I'm maturing into a scary, mean, irritable teacher.

After having a rant about cheaters, my class was scared into including masses of drafts attached at the back when they handed in their most recent assignments.

They fear me and my paranoia.

* * *

Two quizzes. Two second places.

* * *

I need a new black cardigan. And a colourful scarf. And more things with patterns on them.

* * *

I'm liking mushrooms at the moment. And raw carrots.

I'm having banana on toast for lunch most days. It's good. I cut the banana lengthwise so it looks cafe-style.

* * *

I don't know anything that's going on in the world. I'm ignorant.

A kid in my class used an example of a song by Alicia Keyes (featuring Beyonce) in class and said earnestly, 'Do you know who they are?'

Old.

But some other kids said they only thought I was 29 or so.

Young.

* * *

Sleepy. Sore back.

2 comments:

R said...

Dear, you ARE young compared with ancient mariners like me... :)

R

Off-Black said...

I find I enjoy relating not only that I know who a given artist is, but also how many songs the young'uns love are in fact covers of originals by artists they have never heard of.