It was a little chilly for Diwali. We had to brace sleety rain as we zig-zagged our way through the somewhat unnecessary queue barriers.
To us whities' surprise and disappointment, I'm guessing, there was no butter chicken in the whole place! It seemed to be mostly vegetarian lentil concoctions in sauce with fried stuff. I got samosa, pakora and mango lassi.
The funniest bit was when there was an Indian hip-hop group performing. They were quite bad-ass cool, with a beat-boxer and rapper. When they finished they thanked the audience and said, 'Hang around for the puppeteers.' Hehe. I liked that juxtaposition.
The puppeteers had some questionable moves. Most of the puppets seemed to hump the floor at some stage, while writhing about. I liked that they came out at the end and the big fat guy with a moustache was introduced as the master puppeteer. Sounded
like a Metallica song.....
like a Metallica song.....
I liked it when they got a bunch of audience people to dance to the song from Slumdog Millionaire. Tai Ho! If Michelle had been less fluey, I would have made her come volunteer with me (once I realised that the first 4 bars just involved clapping, and the next 4 stepping from left to right).
* * *
And a he he he. This is something my nana would do and the guy in the car is the definition of a douche-bag.
7 comments:
it's jai ho
Thank you anonymous blogging person.
I'm wondering how many people who use the term douche bag actually know what one is and what it is used for.......:)
I'm assuming something nasty and unpleasant....
Wikipedia: "Douche usually refers to vaginal irrigation, the rinsing of the vagina, but it can also refer to the rinsing of any body cavity. A douche bag is a piece of equipment for douching—a bag for holding the fluid used in douching. To avoid transferring intestinal bacteria into the vagina, the same bag must not be used for a vaginal douche and an enema."
And South Park used douche as an insult while showing they know what it actually means: in one episode they call John Edward (real celebrity fake psychic) "the biggest douche in the universe". At the end of the episode, he wins a "biggest douche in the universe" contest over competition including a giant douche.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Any comments as the owner/operator of a vagina Kate? :P :) etc.
No.
Post a Comment