Woke up this morning.....
Not feeling very well. I have a sore throat and runny nose. I'm trying to think who I need to blame for my not being well. Morgan was sick last week. Sarah has had a yucky cold this weekend....... My nephew Finn has been off school for two weeks with a flu. Could be any of you blighters!
Reidun had made leek and potato* soup. That's a good cold-beating-food.
And I have a sore back. I am old and decrepit.
*note - spellcheck just picked up that as a 29 year old English teacher I still don't know how to spell 'potato' (no E, apparently).
* * *
I am going to do some school work. What with being away on sports exchange one day, I will only be in the classroom for three days this week. Bliss!
I even got to sleep in until 11am today before Angela started pestering me with texts wanting to come around for a cup of tea :) That's two hours longer than she usually allows me!
It's mainly because she went out to breakfast without me this morning, and as fate would have it she ran into the two girls we went to school with who are in town (who she had fairly intentionally declined an invitation to go out to lunch with yesterday). And she even had to sit with them, being as the restaurant was busy and they lost their table when they came over to say 'hi'. That's bloody karma. There is no avoiding Levin people. They will find you eventually.
Actually - one of those Levin girls' babies has a cold too. I coulda caught it off her. Bloody everybody is a suspect.
* * *
I will go back to snuffling and coughing my way around the house now.
2 comments:
You're in estimable company: after all, Dan Quayle's intellectual credibility was effectively over when he publicly corrected a school-kid's (correct) spelling of "potato" during a photo op. And George Bush (snr) tried to validate/put in context Qayle's error by pointing out that "potatoe" was how it was spelled in Chaucer's day. Noting, as Bush didn't, that both the word and the vegetable were introduced into English hundreds of years after Chaucer died.
I feel so much better now....
Post a Comment