
Me and Sam and Fish. Sunny day and blanket. Watching the girls in short shorts and bikinis. Getting sunburnt hands. Henna on a fishfoot.
Reggae is the devil's music! I don't care what it's infused with.
* * *
Where's Katie???
Hi kids, can you spot Katie in the above picture?
Hint: She's wearing red and white stripes and sunglasses.
* * *
School started back today. It was ok.
My class seem decent with perhaps a few possible characters waiting to surface. Me and Girl-Sam were the two teachers meeting all the new students and their parents at the front gates. Having authority is a strange thing. We were the 'face' of the school. I did not abuse this authority, though Sam said to a poor wee lass 'You need to run up the driveway'..... and the girl actually did run. Sam's a PE teacher and always tells people to run.
I memorised all my class's names last night. I showed off my geeky skills by adding things like 'your name is second to last on the roll' and whenever anyone said a first name, I'd add the surname without even looking at the roll. When I also said, 'Oh - you live in Samoa St, don't you?' the word 'stalker' started to be bandied about by the peer support students.... but in a good way, I like to think..... :)
It restores my faith in the youth of today that one of them, in my 'getting to know you game' listed gospel as her favourite genre of singing. Bless! I thought they all liked the hippityhop and emo stuff.
It was blimin' hot. I see one advantage of working in a corporate job now - air conditioning, baby.
3 comments:
Thought you might find this article interesting:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanId=sa003&articleId=79C583A1-E7F2-99DF-3BE62D88C9C352E0
Dammit, let's try again:
The Truth About Online Dating, according to Scientific American.
In principle working in an office building means you get air conditioning. However my building is from the 60s and it's air conditioning is mild. Mixed with compulsory ties it gets me right up to the comfortable range of hot and melts some of my co-workers. Eight stories up and no windows to open.
Post a Comment