Monday, January 29, 2007

Quickly Does It

Favourite Cafe at the moment - Eva Dixon's in Miramar (lovely service, lots of seating options, never too crowded, delicious and ever-changing variety of sweet things in the cabinet). Hard to find, but worth the journey. May I recommend the pumpkin, cream cheese and chocolate muffins.

Favourite Bargain - $12 book shelf from The Warehouse (available in red, white, green and fake-wood). Just the right height to go under a window and cheap enough that you can get a few and put them together to make one big bookcase with lots of compartments with many arrangement options. I would recommend them if you need any storage solutions for your flat/house or have a gap you want to make more homely. I got bright red ones.

Favourite EnglishGuy2 anecdote - after his drunken mishaps on Saturday, he was still keen enough to drink last night and somehow managed to fall into the bath (not even climbing through the window) and give himself a black eye. He said he seriously considered sleeping there all night instead of bothering trying to get himself back out. He cracks me up! He has a wonderfully dry and self-depricating humour. I will miss him!

Favourite Excuse for Standing me up on Friday Night - 'I was in hospital with alcohol poisoning' (that put me off in so many ways - I will stick with my original 'to the left' verdict and move on)

Favourite Drink - I got a coffee from Lido and it was delicious. I don't usually notice how good coffee is. I tried to order a 'cafe bon bon' which is espresson with condensed milk, but I'm fairly sure they just gave me a latte. Either way, it was yum. I can see why people become coffee afficianados now.



PS - my severely deeply internally bruise ribs still hurt. I had to try to avoid puffing at netball tonight 'cause it flared up again. I woulda thought that would be easy for me, given how lazy I can be, but I actually had to make quite a concerted effort! It hurt to make sudden movements and reach out too far with my left arm so I had to grimace every time someone passed me the ball and expected me to move.

I thought it was heaps better, but I think I may have just altered my breathing style sub-consciously to shallow breathing (which isn't good for you and you can get lung infections from it, woopsie).

I still suspect a mis-diagnosis. They're broken, damnit! I want a second opinion. I would go to that doctor on the Simpon's (the crack-pot one) - he'd say it was so bad they had to operate immediately. He would validate my pain!!!

5 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

I hope i didn't break your ribs. My head is fine.

D'oh.

I hope you noticed that we won all three quarters the two of us were on. Q.E.D.

Not Kate said...

Yeah - I did notice that :) The Morgue and Kate influence is strong. I think you had that guy's number on defence. Super Subs.

Anonymous said...

Did the doctor prescribe anything for the bruising? (like physio, not necessarily drugs...) You might wanna get a second opinion on treatment rather than diagnosis.

Andrew

Not Kate said...

Nurofen. But I refuse to take such wussie medication! I would've liked Codeine or Morpheine or something hardcore.

Like, today I can cough without wincing and stuff. It's not so bad. Just the extra exertion of exercise triggers it. Indoor netball tomorrow and basketball on Thursday will be an interesting test of my healing powers!

Off-Black said...

Nurofen is not wussy. It is the near instant killer of migraines.

Although it must be admitted codeine is fun.