Everyone else's blogs are really cool. I might have to get some flashing lights for mine or start writing haiku or something... I feel a make-over coming on.
More things about Me
11) One of my eyes is slightly lazy - I only noticed when looking very closely at a passport photo one day. Nobody else has ever noticed (I've asked and made people stare at me intensely from front on just in case it was some freakish mutation people had just been too polite to mention to me).
12) I don't have butter on toast and when people combine peanut butter with jam it makes me gag.
13) I had to go to the after-hours surgery as a child to get a raisin extracted from my nostril. I'm pretty sure I still wanted to eat it afterwards... I was little....
14) My favourite bra at the moment is a Calvin Klein one with blue tartan on it.
15) My favourite time of the day is 11.23pm.
16) I'm not afraid of spiders.
17) I used to be afraid of moths. My mother took me to a butterfly enclosure once. It was my idea of hell.
18) I like chess. I went through a phase of playing out grand master games with my brother. I like Kasparov.
19) I used to make my dad check my room for robbers at night. (He had to check the wardrobe, under my bed and in the laundry hamper.)
20) I haven't shaved my legs for over three years.
21) My favourite teddy was Ellie the elephant. Even though he was a boy, I dressed him up in dresses.
22) When I'm walking towards someone in the street, 9/10 times they give way to me.
23) My favourite words and phrases in French are 'armchair' and 'I make the bed' (won't even try to remember how to spell them in French though).
24) My mum died on December 14th, the day after her 21st wedding anniversary.
25) She always used to give us christmas eve presents, which invariably contained a new pair of pjamas and something to read. I like that tradition.
26) Meatloaf's song with the line '.... but I won't do that' bugs the hell out of me.
27) I'm not comfortable kissing people on the cheek.
28) I like to put my hand on the very top or the very bottom of the pile when doing 'three cheers' at the end of a game.
29) I have my alarm clock 12 minutes fast at the moment.
30) The first song I played on the guitar was 'Karma Police'.
31) I usually try to get the #15 jersey for basketball.
32) I think there should be more songs about 'green eyes'.
33) Egg sandwiches are good.
34) The only perfume I have ever bought an entire bottle of is Burberry Brit.
35) When I die, I don't mind if there isn't a funeral.
36) My first crush was on Ray from Ghostbusters.
37) When I was three I re-enacted Princess Diana's wedding with my Play Centre friend, Ruben. I wish I knew where he was these days.
38) I'm happy being mostly a size 12.
39) I lost my mum's earring once and lied to her about it. I shouldn't have. I decided when I was about 15 that people only lie when they do things they're ashamed of, so I wouldn't do anything I wasn't proud to admit to and would never have to lie again. I have mostly stuck to that. (The loop-hole I invented was that you can always 'frame the truth in a nice way'.)
40) When I was little I had a recurring nightmare where there was a faceless logger in a helmet chopping down a huge tree and it was really loud and scary... then there was a little girl picking flowers and it was soft and pretty sounding. And it would go back and forth.
41) I'm tactile. I like to pick leaves and rip them up in my hands while I'm walking.
42) I iron most things (tshirts, pants, skirts, tops, waxing-strips).
43) I like it when people draw diagrams with their fingers to explain things.
44) I think Alan Alda is ideal in so many ways.
45) I'm a heater hogger.
46) Me and my friend used to get out women's wrestling videos and made up a tag-team persona we were gonna use one day.
47) I don't like feeling vulnerable. But sometimes I do.
48) I can touch type good. I took typing up to sixth form.
49) My first ever tape was Tiffany.
50) Sometimes I like to run away and have internal dialogues when I'm drunk.
51) When you chop the top off a boiled egg, you have to make a hole in the egg-shell so that witches can't use it as a boat.
2 comments:
I can't name any songs about green eyes.
I also prefer the top or bottom of the pile, mainly from having sprained or strained fingers and thumbs for most of the season.
My hand-in-pile prefered position is in the middle, near the top.
That position gives me a sense of belonging and participation without the responsibility of being an anchor. This is a responsiblity that sometimes I feel seeks me out too often.
Post a Comment