1.
I had to renew my driver licence today. The eye test seemed a lot harder than last time. Either my peripheral vision isn't that good or they put a few 'dummy' ones in there that I just couldn't see..... that's mean of them, if they did.... I think I got a 'K' wrong on line two of the sight test - I said H or N... wasn't sure if you were allowed take-backs......
[Pretty sure my photo was weird - I was consciously thinking 'Don't smile - do something that would look good as a mug-shot' - maybe not a good strategy.]
Having driven for six months on an expired licence (five of which were accidental and oblivious) I just couldn't wait for a good hair day to do it. I settled for a reasonably-clean hair day instead.
I am such a conscientious citizen that while I drove to VTNZ, I did park down the street so that nobody in the building would realise I had driven on my expired licence - it just seemed unethical.
2.
I agreed to take Cassie to the airport today (offered, even).
Then she told me I had to be up by 8am. On a holiday day.
I got so much done before midday. Hung out a load of laundry and watched 'Law Abiding Citizen'.
3.
My dad missed out some apostrophes on his blog. I scolded him for it. To be fair, they were tricky ones ('its' and 'lets').
4.
My ankle is still swollen. Things take so long to heal once you're over 30. I can feel my skin cells degenerating as I type. I may have to start wearing shoes that have actual support in them. At least Kumfs have a trendy new label these days..... and Hush Puppies have always been kinda cool in my books (they were my dad's favourite shoes growing up).
5.
My new vacuum sounds like a jet engine. And it is bagless. I have spoken of the wonder of this to many people already. Cleaning is so much better when there are tangible results (a container full of dust to inspect and measure).
It's so strong that I almost had to wrestle it off when it started sucking up my cardigan.
6.
I had a pastrami and pickled onion sandwhich for lunch.
7.
So prezi.com is the new cool thing for teachers to use. Me and a colleague made this prezi - http://prezi.com/b-kgkjxkdcjr/war-poetry-year-12/ . It's on good old WW1 Poetry. If you go to the section with poems by our class, you can see some Miss J poems. We had to take two of the poems we'd studied and blend them into a new poem. A lot of kids took it literally (plus I only gave them 10 minutes to do it - that's all the time we have for non-essential fun in MY class!). My ones are pretty awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment