My dad got tickets to the Leonard Cohen concert on a whim. He asked me if I wanted to go. I said 'no thanks' just because I felt like saying no. I would not be so easily placated after his stand-ups of late. I'm on a family-strike. And I don't like Leonard Cohen $120 worth (and my dad should know that).
Then my brother rang me to ask what the plans were, and he sounded pretty good. And I haven't seen my brother in ages. I didn't realise he was going.
And then I heard it was a great concert.
And maybe I should've said yes.
Dad took me and my brother to Michael Jackson and Bob Dylan and Elton John concerts. It's his 'thing'. Maybe that was him trying to say 'sorry - I should do more stuff with my own kids, as well as my step-family'.
Maybe he was disappointed when I didn't go. Maybe we're even now and I got a bit of bad karma by missing a good concert because of my sulking.
Or maybe it had nothing to do with me and it was just a concert and it was just some tickets. It's hard to know sometimes. I doubt my dad over-thinks things like that, anyhow. He's a guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment