Work have a quarter-annual interdepartmental challenge at work. This year it's been volleyball, quiz, pool and now bowling.
English took out the quiz and pool. We are dominating. All very capable and a good unit. That's what reading books and stuff does for you.
So we bowled up at The Lanes and got our special shoes (which were actually not too bad by bowling shoes standards - you could get away with wearing them in a public street). And to cut a long story short..... I WON! My department came second, but I had the best score out of the 27 staff taking part (men included). 130. I am a bowling prodigy. Dead-eye Kate, they call me now (or they will, once I make them) 'cause I just bowled it straight down the middle. Nothing fancy. No speed to speak of. Just accuracy and consistency. And my spare followed by two strikes didn't hurt.... I leapt ahead at that point.
***
Met Matt's Mum today. Odd seeing people's parents and picking out the similarities in thought patterns and mannerisms. I found it odd that I saw aspects in her facial planes that I really like in Matt.
On the way to meet him I almost ran right into Sam and Fish, as they were coming out of Iko Iko and I was going in. It was fortuitous and they'd used 'meeting Kate for lunch' as an alibi with one of their mums.... and as it happens, they DID have lunch with me.
But first I had the joy of witnessing Fishy get her tattoo on. She gritted and bared it very admiarbly, keeping up a conversation between the grimaces. No tears though! Very brave!
I'm sure you'll all see the pictures on their respective blogs. Very cool! Leon's design looks great on Sam and Fishy's new little fishy is all cute and perky looking above her butt, jumping out from her butt-crack in a splash of waves.
We had a beer outside JJ's in the sun. It was nice. Sam commented on the niceness of it several times. We people watched and drank Belgian beer and talked to a weird kid who showed us his new dracula teeth. As Sammy said, it had an 80's feel to it. Though nobody was wearing stubbies.
***
Remember the double-header for netball - 6.45 Sunday and 6.20 Monday.
***
No comments:
Post a Comment